Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Concept Map

To create this concept map I had a hard time figuring out ideas and a thought that I would base my map off of. I started to brainstorm and came up with the thought of “Shopping”. This is something I love to do and I really want to go shopping for some new clothes. Then as I was starting to think of things I really want I realized that I didn’t really need anything. I branched the map off into “Wants & Needs” Things that I really want is not necessary something I need. Where as thing I might need for school and too keep warm are more accentual items that I might need. Sometimes the stuff I think you need might be a little ridiculous, like a $150 Halloween costume. This is something I consider I need because it’s Halloween and everyone needs a costume. Could I find a cheaper one? Yes. But do I want to? No. Then it all comes down to if the parents will pay for these wants and needs. Most likely not but sometime I can persuade them and to buying it for me. I defiantly have a shopping problem and I thought by mapping out my ideas about shopping I could realize that there are a lot of things that I really want but just do not need. My other solution is to get a real job and start paying for some of my unnecessary items. However, my parents don’t want me to get a job because school is my job. I have two younger sisters and they both get whatever they want. My one 16 year old sister is a big horse back rider and every show cost about 2,000 or more. I think that’s crazy and just because shopping is my hobby and that’s what I want to spend my money on, my parents don’t understand and think I am crazy. In the end I know I am crazy and need to control my shopping habits. By mapping this idea out, I see what my problem is and it has made me think while processing the information more clearly. I can’t help that I love clothes but there’s a limit and have found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment