Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mind Maps





For the Mind Maps that I did I started off with the thought of Travel and how I have been a lot of places. I went to Australia this past summer for 2 months and it was a great experience. The first mind map above I started with all the great places I have been too and went branched off from their about my experiences. I tired to create short words and sentences that would explain my travels. I mapped out my trips to Australia, France, Martha's Vineyard, San Francisco (where I am from) and my new trip in the spring to New Zealand. The process of thinking how everything connects and how your mind can go from one place to the other so quickly really interest me. Looking at the finished product and seeing how it flows from on city to the other and my adventures through out places I have been is all down on page, mapped out. It is exciting to see all the fun that I have had and using color to make things pop to stand out is fun to experiment with. Also symbols that represent things and places that only I understand is fun for me to know and for others to find out. The second mind map I took a piece of my first one, which I chose Home. This was hard to think of because I could of done some many different places but home to me is the by far my favorite place. Once I got started it became easier. San Francisco is the city the by the bay and the place that will always be in my heart. Then I branched out and did Sonoma, which is my home town in wine country. I have grown up in this area of California and I have also been to Santa Barbara and have had a lot of fun their. The thought process of this was fun for me and then to go back in and use color to high light ideas and things that I love. I really enjoyed doing this project and I found the mind maps to be very useful. They help you think and look at things a different way and explore the ideas outside your usual boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment